Driving School

Find a Driving School Online Driver's EdLicense ProcessDriving ResourceContact UsWhat's New

DMV - New driver license in New Hampshire

Application for a driver’s license in New Hampshire



The New Driver License


As of May 30, 2008, the state of New Hampshire began using a new secure driver license and non-driver identification card to protect New Hampshire citizens from identity theft. All DMV customers — first time driver license applicants, out-of-state driver license applicants, renewals, replacements and ID card applicants — will be issued a temporary license or non-driver ID card while their permanent license or ID card is being processed and mailed.


The temporary driver license is very different in appearance from the previous license and ID card that the DMV issued in the past. The card is made of flexible polyester, tear-resistant security paper with a black and white digital image. All pertinent licensing data that was previously on the driver license is on the temporary. Driver licenses or ID cards issued to anyone under 21 years of age will have vertical orientation to make them readily identifiable.


Required Driver License Documentation


Primary Documents


·         An original or certified copy of his/her birth certificate (this would include US Citizens born abroad or a US Department of State issued birth certificate)


·         A valid Passport


·         A valid Military ID or other photo identification issued by the US Government Military dependent ID


·         A valid photo/digital image driver license from another state


Note: For someone transferring from another state, your out-of-state Driver License must be relinquished.


Secondary Documents


·         A photo/digital image driver license that has not been expired for more than 1 year


·         A non-driver ID issued by the State of NH that has not been expired for more than 1 year


·         A current employee ID issued by the State of NH


·         A Marriage Certificate or a Civil Union Certificate


·         A Divorce Decree (ONLY the section that allows a person to go back to his/her former name)


·         Social Security card issued by the Social Security Administration (SSA) or a Letter of Verification from the SSA


·         Current student photo/digital image ID card


·         Military discharge papers/separation papers (for example: DD214)




Use of Temporary License for Identification Purposes


The temporary driver license is valid for driving purposes as a stand-alone document. If you intend to use your temporary license for identification purposes, we recommend that you also carry a secondary form of identification (passport, birth certificate, military ID, etc.). For renewals, the old license will be returned to the license holder to be used as backup identification. When traveling, we recommend that you carry your passport if you have one.


Source: DMV





    Driving School Advertisement


    Home | Contact Us | Find a Driving School | Online Drivers Education | Link Directory | Sitemap | Advertise your Driving School

    © wanadrive.com
    Carte d'affaire